December 2018 — We are very pleased to announce that the Liberal Women’s Club of Parry Sound – Muskoka held its inaugural meeting in Port Sydney on November 15, attended by about 25 women from the area. Thank you to lead organizer Nancy Osborne and all who attended and helped out. Download the Meeting Agenda.
The group held a lively and spirited discussion regarding the shape it will take, appointed several officers, set its Purpose Statement and was subsequently successful in achieving the required number of memberships and submitting completed paperwork to the Liberal Women’s Comission, making the formation of the group official. Download the Meeting Minutes (PDF)
As approved by the group and accepted by the Liberal Women’s Commission
The Parry Sound – Muskoka Liberal Women’s Club is a voice for women in the entire electoral district (EDA) to advocate for policies that promote gender equity, issues of concern to women, intersectionality of identity and privilege based on personal characteristics, and maximize the potential for women’s representation in the political realm.
The group has sent out its first eblast on December 6.
The group has set up the following:
- Reach Jen and Dana at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook Page (public)
- Facebook Group (private)
- Twitter account: @psmliberalwomen
Beyond an agreement that the group wishes to work collaboratively with everyone interested in women’s issues in Parry Sound – Muskoka, regardless of gender identity and political affiliation, much has yet to be determined regarding the group’s activities. That work will begin at the next meeting, taking place on January 10, 2019.
Next Meeting — January 10, 2019
Email Chair Jen Alexis and Vice Chair Dana Clark to attend and/or for more information at email@example.com.
Keeping In Touch
- Join the group’s Associates email list. *Regardless of gender identity, location or political affiliation, we encourage everyone interested in women’s issues in Parry Sound-Muskoka to sign up. You will have to confirm by clicking a link in an email you will receive to activate. You will receive occasional eblasts. We adhere to CASL regulations. We respect your privacy and will not share your information. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Complete a Membership Form. *You must live in Parry Sound – Muskoka, identify as a woman and be a member of the Liberal Party of Canada to join.
- Join the Liberal Party of Canada. It’s free and it only takes a minute to sign up.
Congratulations to all those who attended and the Club’s supporters. We look forward to more!